The Cooper Union Alumni Association
(CUAA) provides a vital link between the alumni and the institution,
building a strong body of support to preserve, protect and promote The
- Service to Alumni: Develop
and manage a broad range of programs, events and services that foster
career development among the alumni and enable alumni to maintain strong
relationships with their fellow alumni and with the institution.
- Service to the School:
Engage the alumni in actively supporting the mission of the school by
harnessing the skills, abilities and experiences of the alumni body for
the benefit of The Cooper Union.
- Financial Support of the School: Provide motivation and leadership that encourages strong financial support from alumni.
- Recognition: Recognize and
promote the achievements of its alumni and the institution to students,
alumni and the external community to highlight the importance of The
- Sponsor a year-round program of events and activities that encourages alumni participation.
- Support a Class Representatives organization and regional chapters, where appropriate, to engage alumni throughout the country.
- Maintain effective online and printed communications to facilitate
contact between alumni, career networking and greater awareness of
activities at The Cooper Union and the CUAA.
- Provide awards and recognition to celebrate the professional achievements of the alumni.
- Provide programs and services that assist alumni in meeting their career development needs.
- Provide major contributions to the school's financial stability by
allocating significant resources to support the Annual Fund and major
- Offer counseling on financial and tax strategies for donors and potential donors.
- Engage alumni in efforts to secure corporate, foundation and non-alumni individual contributions.
- Capitalize on the intellectual capabilities of alumni to assist in problem-solving and institutional development.
- Continually evaluate its structure, programs and services to promote exceptional communication with alumni, ever-expanding inclusiveness and ongoing growth in Association capabilities.
- Select alumni representatives to the Board of Trustees and faculty liaison committees.